Tuesday, January 16, 2007

NFL Playoffs: Week 3

First let me recap the games from last week: The Indy Baltimore game was the most boring game I have EVER watched and Steve McNair WAS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS: a sucky, overrated QB. Seahawks played well (we didn't get blown out like people were predicting for some reason) but missed our chances. Pats beat the Chargers just like I said (with some luck though). And the Eagles finally came back to Earth (but the Saints only beat them by three). Now on to next week:

New England Patriots AT Indianapolis Colts:
Its funny how neither the ONE or the TWO seed made it in the NFC, but these two teams were big favorites in preseason (at least Indy was, and once NE made the playoffs, they were). Colts D has looked pretty good, but they played Baltimore last week who STINKS. Peyton Manning has looked bad for some reason and if he plays like he has so far in the playoffs, they will not win. I'm going to guess that he plays better but I'm still going to pick NE. If the Colts win, I'm going to guess kicking might be a factor, cause you have "the most clutch kicker ever" against a rookie dude whose name I can't even spell.

New Orlean Saints AT Chicago Bears:
This is very tought to call. Both teams had very close games last week. If the Seahawks didn't screw up some plays though, they would have won. The Saints have Drew Brees who has played a lot better than Hasselbeck and they have a LOT more weapons (especially since we had some guys injured). Grossman looked good last week, but he still CAUSED a touchdown for the Seahawks with that retarded fumble. Grossman could have just taken the sack but instead he went for the "gunslinger" I can still squeeze something out of this play approach. Grossman was also playing against a rookie CB, a backup Safety as the 2nd CB and a guy who was a loan officer two weeks ago as the nickle. I don't think the Saints have quite the same predicament. I will pick Saints because the Bears D ain't what it used to be and Deuce McCallister (not Bush) will have a good game.

No comments: