Thursday, January 11, 2007

NFL Playoffs: Week 2

AFC:

San Diego Charger (1 seed) v. New England Patriots (4 seed)
This is a funny matchup because it pits the greatest playoff coach of ALL TIME, Belichick, against the coach with a huge reputation for sucking when it matters, Marty Schottenheimer. San Deigo also has a rookie QB (rookie enough for me) who struggled late in the season while NE has TOM BRADY, who is GOD ON EARTH (at least to ESPN). So San Diego has LT and Shawne Merriman, the person who proves that people don't care if you cheat as long as you are really good (cept for Bonds or McGwire... I guess this just applies to football then. I'll never understand why no one makes a bigger deal out of it. He said there was a mixup but he tested positive for some kind of SERIOUS steriod, not some over-the-counter supplement type mix-up stuff. Also, the effects of steroids LASTS longer than the four-week suspension. Merriman is playing football right now with the benefits of CHEATING so I think the penalty is not stiff enough). Since its the playoffs, I will pick the Pats.

Baltimore Ravens (2) v. Indianapolis Colts (3)
This is ALSO a funny matchup because of the history of the Colts who fled Baltimore in the dead of the night so long ago (who wouldn't. I was there once and thought the city sucked too). However, Baltimore is my pick to win the superbowl, so I'm sticking with them even though I don't believe in their offense at all (Steve McNair and his "intangibles" are crap. ESPN guys are retarded. Look at his numbers. They aren't that good.) Even though the Colts looked awesome last week, they played against the Chiefs and Herm Edwards CLEARLY can't coach. It was ONE game, and I'm sure an entire season worth of games says more. ALSO, Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning in the playoffs? please.

NFC:

Chicago Bears (1) v. Seattle Seahawks
As much as I love the Seahawks, we have looked so mediocre all year, I just can't pick us. Am I glad we are playing the Bears this week? YES. Grossman's QB rating probably has the largest standard deviation out of any QB EVER! The defense looks bad lately, they ARE missing Mike Brown and that DT who wrecked havok on the Seahawks during their regular season matchup, Tommy Harris. Like I've said before, EVEN if Grossman SUCKS, I can still see the Bears winning. So, I'll pick the Bears. I've said a lot about the Seahawks, you can look below. In summary of them: Offense still not clicking, defense looking better but still Big Play problems.

New Orlean Saints (2) v. Philidelphia Eagles (3)
I HATE the Eagles. I thought they were going to win last week even though I picked against them. And they BARELY won at home versus a struggling Giants team (I know I know, you can say the same about the Seahawks, but I hear no Seahawks praise like I do of the Eagles). I think the Saints are GREAT. SO many Weapons! Even though the chargers are playing well, I bet Brees is glad he's in New Orleans and I bet MIAMI wishes they could have picked him instead of Daunte Culpepper. Philly has had there run with Jeff Garcia and it was a good run, but now its over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this blog is hard to navigate. how am I supposed to post? anyways, I was wondering if you had any opinions on the David Beckham signing, even though it doesn't have to do with Seattle.